We have set up a new Rio Parents Google Group! We are excited to have a way for parents and caregivers to communicate amongst themselves, to ask questions, share ideas, let others know about events, and generally socialize and foster community.
Here you can start a group discussion about a new topic, or you can read and respond to messages. Join the group now and get the conversation started!
Does it cost anything to be a member of a Google Group?
No. Google Groups are free.
Do I need a Google Account?
If you want to get the most out of using Google Groups, then the answer is "yes". If you don’t have a Google Account, you can still read and join in discussions through your email. However, you won’t be able to create or edit groups or post files. You also won’t have access to the easy-to-use dashboard where you can clearly view Google Group activity. You can create a Google Account using any email provider.
Do I need a Gmail email address?
No. You can opt to receive discussion posts via email (any email provider) or you can create a Google Account using any email provider. If you have a Gmail account already, you automatically have access to a Google Account.
Do I need to download an app?
No. There is no app for Google Groups. You can use it strictly through email, or for full functionality, you can go to the Google Groups webpage.
How do I use the Google Group to communicate?
You can start a group discussion about a new topic, or you can read and respond to messages.
Start a new conversation via Email
• Send an email to the group at firstname.lastname@example.org
Start a new conversation via Google Groups
• Sign in to Google Groups at https://groups.google.com/.
• Click the name of the group.
• At the top left, click New conversation.
• Enter your message.
• Click Post message.
Read and Respond via Google Groups
• Sign in to Google Groups.
• Click the name of a group.
• Click the message you want to read.
• Choose whether to reply to the group or individually:
• To reply to the group, below the message text, click Reply all. Compose your reply and then click Post Message.
• To reply only to the person who posted, below the message text, click Reply to author.
Compose your reply and then click Send.
• To forward a message, below the message text, click Forward. Enter some message text and then click Send.
Read and Respond via Email
• Click the message in your email inbox. You can select any email in the conversation thread to reply to.
• To respond only to the person who posted, select Reply. To respond to the whole group, select Reply all.
There are too many emails and I don’t want to receive them. How do I opt out?
On the Google Groups webpage, you will see a list of all groups of which you are a member. You can change your Subscription type to receive Each Email, Digest (grouped up to 25 emails), Abridged (grouped up to 150 emails), or No Emails. If you elect not to receive emails, you will remain a member of the group and have access to all email threads on the webpage, and you can still send emails to the Google Group. You will only receive responses that are addressed directly to you and not responses that are sent to the group email.
How do I leave the Google Group?
At the bottom of every email from the group, there is an unsubscribe link. Click the link to remove yourself as a member of the Google Group.